Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Training on the upper body

http://www.netfit.co.uk/upper-body-web.htm

I went for a PT session today, and my trainer says my upper body strength is very weak as I cannot do some basic push ups without my entire body trembling. She encouraged me to train the upper body by doing strengthening exercises. I searched the net for some work outs that might help you too!

I did some weights today to train on my obliques, and my back. I also rowed on the machine 500 m x 2 on a speed of 35m/s and above. It's tough, it got me breathless! Also, I did a 'V' shape abdominal exercise by grabbing a fitball between my legs and transferring them to my arms. Gosh, my legs also giving way.

I went to buy a K-Swiss jogging shoe today at Running Lab. The assistant, Jordan, was very helpful. I went to the Novena Square branch. Running lab had a treadmill at the store. Jordan observed my footwork when I walked & jogged. He recommended a shoe that support on my lower arch. Moderate Stability or something to that effect. I can't really recall. Gosh!! Anyhow, he convinced me to buy a white coloured jogging shoe... hmm.. he's a really good sales person! haha. Anyhow, here's the shoe stats: http://www.kswiss.com/item/24.14/92171-623/Women/Footwear_Running/K-Ona/Vrstyred_Slvr_Wht_Lcrce.html

I also bought some socks that had mostly nylon/polyester material as I used to get blisters on my last toe when I run and also, I bought toe socks for better running comfort.

Went to Fila and bought some sports apparel & to another shop at Novena Square to buy some exercise pants. Wanted to buy a foot pod from Nike but the shop didn't sell it. Aiming to close my next business deal so I can invest in a GPS polar watch... more on that tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment