Monday, November 2, 2009

Great Eastern 10KM run






Indee signed me, my colleague Helen & her sister, Sri, up for the Great Eastern 10KM run. I've done 10Km before, in 2008, during the Terry Fox run - Run for Hope. It wasn't as easy as I thought it was. My timing last year was about 1 hr 30 mins.

As I arrived at City Hall MRT at 6.30am, there were many people wearing the red GE Tee gathering around... and Indee and myself walked up to the starting line, I bumped into my friend, Esther! She brought me to CCC (Central Christian Church) back when I was 17 years old.. what a small world! I haven't seen her since ages ago, prob even 8 years! I'm glad God allowed us to meet each other. And I'm forever thankful that she brought me to Christ.

We started the run late, because we had to deposit our baggage at the counter & by the time, I think half the crowd starting running already. So I don't know exactly what time I started running. But at the finishing line, the timing showed 1 hr 18 mins!!!! Which is a great improvement of my usual timing of 1 hr 30 mins! I did not stop jogging throughout & I felt steady while running. No dizziness or wanting to stop. The weather was really good as well. I have to wait for the exact timing of my run to be posted on the website, but I have a feeling it's around 1 hr 10 mins. I immediately messaged my trainer, Hayati, to inform her of the good news! I'm really elated that my physical health has improved so much after training.

As of today, 2nd Nov 2009, my weight is now 64.0kg and fat percentage 36.9%. It still a long way, but I want to celebrate my little success! And I look better in photos, even if it's not a huge difference, but I feel GOOD! I'm patting myself on the back for doing so well this 1.5mths.

What I think I done right is to evaluate my diet very closely, and to have balance & moderation. 80% of the time, you have to eat the right foods. Foods with more fibre, less oil, salt, sugar, fat. And don't eat just before sleeping. And important also to have enough sleep! To help your muscle to rebuild itself. Research has shown that people gain weight easier with less sleep!

Also, CONSISTENCY is key. I have been hitting the gym at least 4-6 times a week. If you get bored, try variety. Classes are fun to keep you motivated, and take yr exercise out to the open. I ran last week at East Coast Park, it's soothing to look at the sea & listen to music & just run!

Allow yourself some small treats but work it off later at the gym. You got to compensate for the extra calories through exercise. If you have to eat the certain food, take 1 bite and stop at that.

Having a personal trainer definitely helps as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment